The secret ingredient is always
I invented this recipe last Friday evening and I am pretty proud of it, if I do say so myself. I mixed a bunch of new ingredients together and after some trial and error and forced taste testing (shoutout to my roommates, again…) I have mastered this creation!
- 4 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup softened dairy free butter (Y’all know I like SmartBalance)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (Ghirardelli or any allergy friendly chip is good!)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- In a bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Whisk or beat the butter together with the sugar and brown sugar until it’s well blended.
- Add in the eggs and continue to beat the mixture together. Then, add in the vanilla.
- Add in the avocado and stir well. Mixture should be creamy.
- Stir in the flour one cup or so at a time. The chocolate can be folded in once the dough is formed.
- Let the dough chill for 1-2 hours in a covered bowl or Ziploc bag. This will prevent too much spreading and allow the flavor to grow a bit.
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray them down.
- Bake the cookies (don’t make them too big) for about 12 to 15 minutes.