“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – L.M. Montgomery
In honor of my favorite month, I decided to try a muffin recipe inspired by apple cider donuts. I can’t guarantee that these muffins are any healthier than a donut, but at least they’re dairy free! They definitely taste more like cake than a traditional muffin, but I enjoyed eating them as breakfast and dessert! (healthy, I know.)
INGREDIENTS: (16-18 reg. sized muffins)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 heaping TBSP baking powder
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (Silk is still my favorite)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- extra sugar and cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line 18 muffin tins with paper cups.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together.
- In a different bowl, mix together the almond milk, eggs, and canola oil. Pour into the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Pour the batter evenly amongst the cups. Sprinkle a generous pinch of cinnamon and sugar on top of each muffin before placing into the oven.
- Bake the muffins for approx. 15-20 minutes. Check on them at 12 minutes just in case! Once they’re ready, I dipped them into more cinnamon and sugar.
I highly recommend pouring a glass of hot apple cider to go with. Enjoy and happy fall!