“A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands.”
Sorry I haven’t added any new recipes recently – I just got back to school! Fortunately, I found some time to try a new cookie recipe (P.S. My roommates and I were obsessed). They were so quick and easy to make in a college apartment, and were definitely a nice transition from summer s’mores (or my S’more Pops…) for the fall and cooler weather.
I found the original recipe on Carl’s Bad Cravings and tweaked it (as usual) to make it dairy free. I hope you enjoy!
INGREDIENTS: (made 18 medium cookies, approx.)
- 3/4 cup dairy – free butter (my favorite is SmartBalance)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 (large) cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli baking chips!)
- 1 handful mini marshmallows
- Melt butter and stir it into sugars (white and brown.) Then, add in the egg and vanilla. Preheat over to 375F.
- Crush approx. 1/2 clear package of graham crackers (assuming your box came with a few sets of graham crackers). Mix the crumbs with the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this mixture to the liquids.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. My batter was thick and pretty shiny at this point.
- Place the cookies in the oven at 375F for 6 minutes. Remove them and press the mini marshmallows on top of the undercooked cookies. Then, place them back into the oven for 3-4 minutes. The marshmallows should be golden.
That’s it! Let me know what you think!